Standard carbon steel chain can be routinely used in ambient temperatures of 15℉(10℃) to 140℉(60℃). When using a standard carbon steel chain, within the suggested temperature range of 15℉(10℃) to 140℉(60℃) range, as well as meeting the proper working conditions (e.g. working load, lubrication, aligned sprockets, etc.), the chain will see its full capabilities without losing integrity during the application. Ultimately, elevated temperatures and drastically low temperatures will result in a reduction in the useful life of the chain.
When chain runs through temperatures greater than 140℉(60℃), the following problems occur:
1. Lubrication deterioration
2. Decrease in strength of the chain
3. Stiff links and increased wear due to oxide scale formation on the chain components
4. Increased wear due to decreased hardness of the pin/bushing area
For applications where chain will be running at temperatures greater than 140℉(60℃), consideration should be given to a high temperature lubricant. For temperatures greater than 300°F(150℃), please consult with our engineering department.
When chain runs through low-temperature environments of 15℉(10℃) or colder, the following problems may occur:
1. Decrease in shock strength capabilities due to low-temperature brittleness
2. Lubricant solidification
3. Stiff joints caused by frost or ice
Add: Baiseng industrial zone, Xiao shan District,Zhejiang Province, China